Dr. J.P. Shim will be leading this 14-day program in May. The tour will include visits at major companies, cultural experiences, educational programs at Korean universities, 3 days in Hong Kong and more.
Master of Business Administration
Students can elect to pursue a managerial focus or technical focus within this degree program. Prerequisites may be required for individual courses.
The CIS Department has eliminated the programming prerequisite for the MBA IS concentration and major. Many of the 8000-level courses in the CIS Department are managerially oriented (see below). Now you may take these managerially oriented CIS courses with no programming prerequisite. Folks who wish a more technically focused concentration still have this option open to them. Please contact Ephraim McLean at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or suggestions.
MBA students majoring in Information Systems may choose between five different concentrations.
- Information Systems Management
- Information Systems Development and Project Management
- Health Informatics
- The Wireless Organization
- Information Systems Business Process Innovation (will be available soon; check with your CIS advisor)
These concentrations are the same as we offered previously in our no-longer-available MS IS. The only difference is in the core offering: the MBA has a core of all business courses, where the MS degree had a core of all Information Systems courses. Learn more about these five concentrations available to the MBA IS student.
CIS Curriculum Offerings Plan
The CIS Curriculum Offerings Plan, which includes semester scheduling, can enable you to more reliably predict when courses will be offered. This plan includes CIS graduate-level (8000) courses as possible electives for MBA students. See the current offerings. »
Other Courses in the MBA Curriculum
To find out other information not specific to the IS curriculum, please contact the MBA advisors at the Office of Graduate Recruiting and Students Services. Information about tuition, GMAT and application deadlines is available at the Flexible MBA website.
Managerially Oriented Courses
- CIS 8000 – Information Technology Project Management
- CIS 8010 – Business Process Innovation
- CIS 8060 (CPI 80606) – Supply Chain Management
- CIS 8080 (ACC 8680) – Security and Privacy of Information and Information Systems
- CIS 8100 – Management of Information Systems
- CIS 8200 – Information Systems Strategy
- CIS 8210 – Global Systems Sourcing
- CIS 8220 (IB 8710) – International IT Issues and Policy
- CIS 8299 – Advanced Topics in Management of Information Systems
- CIS 8670 – Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP)
Technically Oriented Courses
- CIS 8020 – Systems Integration
- CIS 8030 – Software Requirements Management
- CIS 8040 – Database Management Systems
- CIS 8050 – Business Telecommunications and Networks
- CIS 8070 – Pervasive Healthcare Technologies
- CIS 8090 – Enterprise Architecture
- CIS 8260 – Knowledge Management
- CIS 8300 – Software Quality Management
- CIS 8310 – Systems Development
- CIS 8399 – Advanced Topics in Information Systems Development
- CIS 8401 – Mobile Application Development
- CIS 8411 – Wireless Networks
- CIS 8630 – Business Computer Forensics and Incident Response
- CIS 8850 – Web Development
MBA Career Paths
There are four IT-related MBA Career Paths offered. Learn more about these career paths on the main Flexible MBA web pages: