Nantes, France, Exchange Program
In spring 2011 Georgia State University and the J. Mack Robinson College of Business renewed their exchange program with the Institut D’Economie Et De Management De Nantes at De L’Universite De Nantes (University of Nantes) in France. The city of Nantes is located two hours from Paris and one hour from the Atlantic coast.
- A student must in be good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Application documents must be received at Nantes by June 1 for fall term and October 1 for spring term.
- RCB students may take up to the equivalent of 12 semester credit hours that are pre-approved by RCB.
- RCB students register for Nantes courses before departure from GSU.
- RCB students have the option, at their own expense, of pursuing language classes as well.
- RCB students whose fluency in French meet the standards of Nantes may have the option of enrolling in the corresponding modules taught in French.
Tuition and Fees
Participating RCB students pay tuition and the technology fee to GSU.
- Personal health, hospitalization and accident insurance as well as liability coverage that is valid abroad is mandatory for GSU students.
- All exchange students will pay for their own travel between GSU and Nantes, personal travel, food, housing, personal expenses and school expenses.
Passports and Visas
RCB students who are American citizens must have a valid U.S. passport and a temporary long stay student visa to enter France. Nantes will send a letter of acceptance to the RCB program director by mid-October for students entering in spring semester of the following year, and by mid-May for students entering in fall semester of the same year. RCB students should complete the necessary documentation with the French embassy in preparation for their study in France. All Georgia State students who do not possess a U.S. passport (including permanent U.S. residents and foreign nationals who study at Georgia State on a J-1 visa) must follow the process for proper entry clearance required by the Republique Francaise (France) for citizens of his or her country.
|Pre-departure course taken at GSU||MBA 8125 (taken at GSU)|
|GSU student courses taken at Nantes||IB 8710 – Intl IT Issues (CIS 8220)
IB 8680 – Tech and Global Competition
CIS 8010 – Process Innovation
CIS 8080 – Security and Privacy
Further information can be obtained by contacting the exchange coordinator at GSU.
Duane Truex, Ph.D.
Robinson College of Business
35 Broad St., Ste. 936